What is covered and for how long?
We guarantee that, for 15 years from the date of original purchase and installed properly in a dry residential indoor setting, your laminate floor:
- Will not stain from normal household consumable items such as food or drink.
- The melamine wear layer will not wear through.
- Will not fade in color due to normal natural sunlight or household lighting.
- Will not deform, gap, warp, de-laminate under normal household temperature and humidity.
1. The flooring must be installed properly in accordance to our installation instructions.
Proper installation includes, but is not limited to performing a moisture test to determine if excessive moisture exists in the subfloor and use of a 3-mil polyethylene film vapor barrier on concrete floors or concrete floor covered with tiles, along with proper use of silicone sealant.
What will we do if any of the above listed things happen?
If you make a claim within the warranty period and follow our servicing procedures, we will, at our option, provide material to repair the defective area.
This limited warranty does not cover wear or damage due to improper installation, cleaning, care or maintenance (see our Care Instructions) such as:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse.
- Extreme heat or cold.
- Scratching, impact or cutting.
- Improper workmanship or installation not in accordance with our installation instructions.
- Improper maintenance.
- Improper fabrication.
- Freight damage.
- Damages in limited areas instead of throughout the entire area covered by laminate flooring.
- Damages by acts of God.
- Water damage from excessive moisture in a concrete slab, hydrostatic pressure, flooding caused by ice makers, refrigerators, sinks, dishwashers, leaking pipes, flooding, standing water, household mechanical failures, damage caused by water underneath the flooring, including damage from subfloor hydrostatic pressure or other conditions that result in water being below the flooring or natural disasters.
- Planks coming apart at the seams because they have been engaged/disengaged more than three times.
- Installation of flooring that contains any manufacturing defect is not covered by this warranty.1
This warranty is issued to the original retail consumer and is not transferable. The limited warranty applies only when the affected area is visible and covers a flooring area greater than one square inch. Proof of purchase in the form of a sales receipt or other establishing document is required when requesting warranty service.
We exclude and will not pay incidental or consequential damages under this warranty. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damages other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. No implied warranties extend beyond the term of this written warranty.
1 Manufacturing: In addition to the our Original Limited 15 year residential warranty, We warrant our product against manufacturing defects that exist in its product prior to purchase by the consumer. Any manufacturing defect must be reported prior to the product installation in order to be covered under this warranty. We will replace any such defective material at no additional cost to the customer. Any damage that might occur during shipment is the responsibility of the shipping company.